Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Home > Business & Finance > Iran affirms US presence in Syria had been a mistake from the start

Iran affirms US presence in Syria had been a mistake from the start

Tehran, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman, Bahram Qasemi stressed that the presence of US troops in Syria had been an unjustified mistake from the start.

The coming of US forces to Syria was a mistake and an absurd and unjustified decision, and they should leave, or they will be forced to leave based on historical facts and the resistance of the nations, Qasemi said during a press conference on Monday.

He noted that the victories achieved by the Syrian Arab Army and its allies have caused a wave of anger in the Zionist entity.

We had been invited by the Syrian Government to perform advisory tasks for combating terrorism in Syria, Qasemi clarified.

He called upon the US to learn a lesson from its successive defeats which came as a result of its policies in the region.

Qasemi said that the US officials claim that they can through their policies, which violate the international standards, to achieve their illegitimate goals which will lead to undermining stability in the region.

Source: Syrian Arab News Agency