Moscow, Russian Defense Ministry criticized the US and Western countries for trying to avoid responsibility for striking Syria last April over false evidence of an alleged chemical weapons attack in Douma after disclosure of the truth about fabricated allegations.
Russian Defense Ministry spokesman, Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said Over the past few years, the Russian Defense Ministry has repeatedly stressed that sooner or later, the truth about these fabrications of Western countries would make its way to the light. And many current high-level policymakers in the United States and Europe, who then called for the 'protection of peaceful Syrians from the regime's terrible chemical attacks' and authorized missile and air strikes on Syria, will try to 'forget' this issue to avoid moral, political and criminal responsibility.
He indicated that the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)'s decision regarding Douma incident also had been made on the basis of the fabricated footage of the alleged chemical weapons attack in the Syrian city, located in Eastern Ghouta.
On Wednesday, BBC producer Riam Dalati said in tweets that he could prove without a doubt, based on his personal ivestigations, that the Douma hospital footage had been staged and that no one had died in the hospital.
On April 14, 2018, a tripartite US-British-French aggression was launched using missiles strikes on a number of Syrian sites in the surroundings of Damascus and Homs.
Source: Syrian Arab News Agency