Saturday, October 19, 2019
Home > Education > RUSSIA DENIES BOMBING HUMANITARIAN CONVOY IN SYRIA

RUSSIA DENIES BOMBING HUMANITARIAN CONVOY IN SYRIA

MOSCOW, - The Russian Defence Ministry, denied accusations by British Foreign Secretary, Boris Johnson, of Russia's involvement in bombing a humanitarian convoy in Syria's city of Aleppo, on Sept 19.

"There were no Russian aircraft in the area of the humanitarian convoy in Aleppo. It is a fact," the ministry's spokesman, Maj. Gen. Igor Konashenkov said, in a statement.

According to a report by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, around 20 civilians were killed, when 18 of 31 convoy trucks, carrying life-saving supplies were destroyed, during an attack north-west of Aleppo.

On Tuesday, Johnson told the House of Commons that, "all the available evidence" pointed to Russian responsibility, for the bombing, and called for protests outside the Russian embassy in London.

Konashenkov said, Johnson's allegations represented the latest wave of accusations against Russia since Sept 20, but no reliable evidence had been produced to back them.

He said, the Russian Defence Ministry had published a video from the actual location of the convoy, which showed a car with an unknown "humanitarian" large calibre mortar.

Konashenkov challenged Johnson to present proof of Russian involvement in the incident, which the spokesman said, would "not be worth a penny" if made public.

Source: Nam News Network